Please note: The deadline for submission of abstracts and travel awards has been extended to August 21, 2006.
To assess current knowledge of the pathogenesis, clinical presentation, natural history, surgery and outcomes of biliary atresia in the United States and elsewhere, focusing on the role of newborn screening and means of early detection of biliary atresia and the evidence for and against the effectiveness and the medical outcomes of methods of screening. This meeting also will review the current understanding of the pathogenesis of biliary atresia and possibility of new approaches to early detection using a better understanding of its pathogenesis and clinical course.
- Ronald Sokol (University of Colorado)
- Ross Shepherd (Washington University)
- Riccardo Superina (Children's Memorial Hospital)
- Patricia Robuck (NIDDK)
- Jay Hoofnagle (NIDDK)
- Stephen Groft (Office of Rare Diseases)
- Marie Mann (Health Resources and Services Administration)
- Diane Sumner (Children's Liver Association for Support Services)
- Ellis Green (American Liver Foundation)
For information contact:
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc.
Phone: (301) 670-4990
Fax: (301) 670-3815